Not everyone likes to go to the gym. Sometimes, exercise is not all about flexing and lifting weights. A lot of people do not know that cycling is another form of exercise that a lot of people prefer. This is one of the most fun and effective aerobic exercise. In fact, just 15 minutes of peddling around the block can already do so much for your health.
Health Benefits of Cycling
Cycling is for everyone, even if you have a bad knee or bad hips. Actually, anyone with any fitness level can pedal a bike. According to medical professionals, cycling has been found to effectively prevent weight gain and boost fat loss, fight against depression, and also help prevent any health problems including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. If you want to know more about cycling before you buy bicycle online Australia, here are the most amazing benefits of this exercise that you should know of:
- Fat Loss. If you want a quick weight loss solution, cycling is not for you. You will eventually lose weight but the pounds will slowly peel off at a reasonable and steady pace. Say you go cycling for 13 to 15 mph, you burn about 500 to 600 calories in an hour. If you do it every day, you burn around 4,000 calories in a week. That is because cycling has the ability to spark both metabolic and physiological changes making your body burn fat and carbohydrates.
- Improve Your Heart Health. If you choose to go cycling, you should know that this is a cardiovascular activity. This means that it can make your heart healthier and stronger. Cycling can also make your skeletal muscles more sensitive to insulin. This makes it able to control your blood sugar levels which is important in clearing your arteries and promote good heart health.
- Bigger And Healthier Brain. According to neuroscientists, cycling is a neuron-building stimulant. It raises your heart rate which can increase the nitric oxide and neutrophil production. These are essential to help promote stem cell division and also with the formation of new brain cells.
- Promote Better Sleep Quality. As an adult, we all know how important sleep is. When you are resting, this is the time that your body and brain heal. This means that if you lack sleep, your hormone levels like your stress hormones will not function properly. In turn, this can cause you to gain more weight and overeat. You are also most likely to develop mood disorders and will decrease your immunity levels. If you go cycling regularly, it promotes better sleep quality even to those who are struggling to fall asleep.
- Feeling Of Satisfaction. If you have a goal and you get to achieve it, that makes you feel better. In fact, you can rarely see a rider who finished the ride grumpy. Most of them are grinning from ear to ear because they are satisfied with what they accomplished that day. Scientists believe that cycling can instantly lift your spirits.
Cycling is a good activity that you and the rest of your family can enjoy. It is also one of the best bonding moments that you can do with your kids! If you want to have a better life – physically and emotionally, then it is time for you to consider cycling.