Artificial intelligence has found its way into homes by way of making them smart homes. When do you call something smart? Well, the dictionary has the meaning that when someone/thing shows quick-witted intelligence, it is called smart.
So when the devices and appliances of our home become intelligent in their functioning we can call them smart.
Smart care solutions are available with professional help. Technologyis growing at a rapid speed and thereby helps to implement a lot of improvements in our homes.
A smart home is one which has the devices of the house connected to the internet and performs tasks that are otherwise performed manually.
These can be incorporated when the house is built or can be added later on also. The following are examples of smart devices.
- Smart light-that can be switched on with the press of a button on your phone or as you keep your foot on the floor.
- Smart speakers-these are devices like Alexa that are voice-based AI and react to your voice instructions.
- Smart temperature control-This can respond to instructions delivered vocally and set the desired temperature.
- Smart doorbell-For those who have security concerns, a doorbell is fitted with a camera to display who is at the door to the residents of the home.
- A centralized router to connect all smart devices of your home together.
Why should you prefer a smart home?
- No more monotonous tasks- smart solutions are much ahead than we could think of. It can cut down our necessity for some regular tasks at home. For example, imagine a fridge that can order milk or vegetables when it senses that you are low on supply. Your home can be maintained spick and span with an AI-operated vacuum cleaner.
- Your home can be a good place for leisure with AI-enabled speakers and video display units. You can connect the internet to all devices and operate them with voice commands.
- The safety and security of your homes are enhanced with the help of smart devices. The fear of leaving elders alone is greatly reduced. We can be rest assured that in case of emergencies they can have access to immediate assistance even in our absence.
- Smart homes increase your comfort level. Starting from a simple light bulb there are so many things that can be turned intelligent. With more comfort and time savings, you are now free to concentrate on other activities.
- One another reason why you should choose to own a smart home is the energy savings that it offers. There are smart thermostats that recognize temperature changes and power off when not in use.
To conclude, this internet-operated technology will see more and more users shortly due to the many benefits it offers.